Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Thursday, June 02, 2005

My first day back at work after my trip... and I have to start at 9am (read: rare). Everyone seem really pleasant to me today. Even those who rarely made an effort to do more than smile at me, stopped by to chat. I dunno if it's coz of the unfortunate office news that has been spreading like wildfire, or some other unknown reasons. Mike dropped the bombshell, by announcing his 2nd last day of work. He's not the first in the past few months. Farewell emails are becoming quite common in the company. Even the office seems devoid of the usual cheery banter... Maybe it's my cue to move on soon...

I'm reminded of an article on Diana Ser in some recent magazine. She talked about her career, right from where she started. And I must admit I am envious of her, and at the same time I really admire her. She quit her job when she felt she was not expanding (I think this was the word she used, can't remember exactly) intellectually. And she landed the New Paper job by coincidence right after she quit... How lucky can some people get...

I also recall another article about how we can actually control our destiny... one woman even said that she have always wanted to live the life of a taitai, and she made sure that she only dated successful men... and now she's married to a man whom she loves and enjoying the lifestyle that she wanted... ok maybe her example is not very inspiring... but the point is, we do have a certain amount of control over our destiny...

Success for me right now, is still beyond my reach... but I am trying... I would still love to remain within the media industry... but if all else fails, maybe I should start my own lingerie chain... that's another passion... maybe Mona and Lauren might be interested to become business partners with me, since we all have the same obsession... although ermm we don't exactly have the capital... any keen financiers out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home