Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wedding bells, weding bells, weddings all the way... (Sing to the tune of Jingle bells)

It seems to be the season for wedding announcements... Yesterday, it was Jay, Susan, and Sha's bro... Today it's Mona's friend, then my colleague... All these on top of the ones of my sec sch friends' which I know will take place sometime next year...

Dun take this the wrong way guys... I am happy for all of you... Ecstatic in fact... Although I must admit that most of the excitement comes from the prospect of the many hen parties, and stag nights for that matter (I dun care Jay, we are so gonna attend your stag night whether you like it or not). I even volunteered to help dress my colleague's bride coz she's from China and has nobody else here... Haha such enthusiasm for other people's wedding... Even he looks amused (but appreciative mind you)...

Sadly though, all these weddings mark a start to the changes in our friendships. Dun any of you try to deny it. I have experienced it with my best friend and my closest cousin. I know it's not intentional, but somehow marriage will keep you guys occupied most of the time and you will start talking about all the "married people talk". Soon you will realize that you prefer hanging out with married friends coz they can relate to your issues. Even the sitcom Friends, hightlight this problem. Remember when Monica and Chandler got married, they wanted to have married friends as well, and they wanted to move so that they can raise their kids in a different environment.

Well, when that happens to us... I guess we'll juz have to adapt to the changes and move on with our lives... Maybe Mona and I should cohabit (I didn't include the rest coz I know the rest are not as desperate to leave home as the two of us)...

Btw, this is not very related... but the word "cohabit" reminds me of the conversation I had with a colleague earlier... she suggested that married people tend to put on weight especially around the hip area. I told her that it's bullshit, coz couples who cohabit do not put on weight. And I'm sure that they get equal amount of - if not more - sex. The only difference between couples who are married, and those who cohabit, is juz the marriage certificate. So in what way does the cert contribute to the wider hips? Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home