Three days MC, can you believe it??!!!
I've never even taken any MCs since I rejoined the company last year. In fact the last time I got an MC was in Perth almost two years ago. I wasn't even sick, but I needed an extension for my assignment dateline - the bloody unit coordinator told me that the only way to get an extension was with an MC, "so read between the lines"??!!
Why am I complaining when I get paid for resting at home for three days?
Firstly, I was supposed to start my Namadgi training at work on Friday. Ironic as it may sound, I was actually looking forward to that training. I feel that it value adds my skills for my future resume and I want to be able to do what others in the company are capable of doing, or better still, what they can't do.
Second, I hate medicines! Swallowing pills have always been a major event which requires vast amount of preparation, concentration, and persuasion. Water has to be filled to the brim of the mug, to ensure smooth passage for the tiny bastards. Another ten minutes or so spent staring at those things. And another ten, to persuade myself that it won't make me puke. However, I amazed myself - and my family - by swallowing the Panamols in one smooth motion. Hardly, ten seconds! A huge achievement, I'm so proud of myself.
Thirdly, the bloody doctor thrusted the thermometer too deep into my ear. Jolted me out of my dizzying fever and hurts like hell. Maybe I should consider suing him.
Fourth, there's only so many times I can endure having people place their palms on my forehead in a day. I know they are well-meaning, but being sick makes me more cranky than usual. The worst part, I don't even have the voice to scream out my protest against forehead-touching.
Fifth, the bloody void deck wedding started irritating me from 9am! Not because they were playing music, but because they repeated Kuch Kuch Hota Hai at least ten bloody times. That song is not only passe, but ten times is a bit too much obsession isn't it. It's like a broken record which could reduce Shah Rukh Khan to tears.
Sixth, my hair feels like straw. I haven't had the energy to wash my hair in three days. Disgusting, I know. Odd, for someone so highly strung about cleanliness. I really can't bear to be under the water for more than ten minutes, five minutes even to be honest. Even hot water makes me shiver. So how the hell am I supposed to shampoo my hair - an affair which will usually take up about 20 minutes?
But I must admit though, there is one thing that I enjoyed about being on MC. I managed to catch the LOST marathon yesterday, albeit, being cataleptic for some parts of it due to all the medication.
I've never even taken any MCs since I rejoined the company last year. In fact the last time I got an MC was in Perth almost two years ago. I wasn't even sick, but I needed an extension for my assignment dateline - the bloody unit coordinator told me that the only way to get an extension was with an MC, "so read between the lines"??!!
Why am I complaining when I get paid for resting at home for three days?
Firstly, I was supposed to start my Namadgi training at work on Friday. Ironic as it may sound, I was actually looking forward to that training. I feel that it value adds my skills for my future resume and I want to be able to do what others in the company are capable of doing, or better still, what they can't do.
Second, I hate medicines! Swallowing pills have always been a major event which requires vast amount of preparation, concentration, and persuasion. Water has to be filled to the brim of the mug, to ensure smooth passage for the tiny bastards. Another ten minutes or so spent staring at those things. And another ten, to persuade myself that it won't make me puke. However, I amazed myself - and my family - by swallowing the Panamols in one smooth motion. Hardly, ten seconds! A huge achievement, I'm so proud of myself.
Thirdly, the bloody doctor thrusted the thermometer too deep into my ear. Jolted me out of my dizzying fever and hurts like hell. Maybe I should consider suing him.
Fourth, there's only so many times I can endure having people place their palms on my forehead in a day. I know they are well-meaning, but being sick makes me more cranky than usual. The worst part, I don't even have the voice to scream out my protest against forehead-touching.
Fifth, the bloody void deck wedding started irritating me from 9am! Not because they were playing music, but because they repeated Kuch Kuch Hota Hai at least ten bloody times. That song is not only passe, but ten times is a bit too much obsession isn't it. It's like a broken record which could reduce Shah Rukh Khan to tears.
Sixth, my hair feels like straw. I haven't had the energy to wash my hair in three days. Disgusting, I know. Odd, for someone so highly strung about cleanliness. I really can't bear to be under the water for more than ten minutes, five minutes even to be honest. Even hot water makes me shiver. So how the hell am I supposed to shampoo my hair - an affair which will usually take up about 20 minutes?
But I must admit though, there is one thing that I enjoyed about being on MC. I managed to catch the LOST marathon yesterday, albeit, being cataleptic for some parts of it due to all the medication.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home