I've been told before that when you grow up with someone, you tend to inherit some traits from them. To a certain extent I do see some truth in it. But I juz never expected it to apply between humans and animals.
My new next-door neighbours were shifting their stuff in yesterday. And there my granny was, as usual, peering from our window and giving live commentary of everything that went on. She even shuttle between the living room and kitchen window coz she wants to watch them unload the furniture in the carpark. You think this is weird... wait till you see her talking out of the kitchen window, to godknowswho from across the block, "stop staring at me!"
My mom and I kept telling her to stop watching them like that coz it's rude. Obviously our warnings fell to deaf ears. She stopped after a while, although I suspect it's coz her legs were tired of standing up. And what do you know, my cat climbed on the sofa next to the window and continued the "spy work"! Thank god, she can't speak. Else, she'll be mimicking granny perfectly...
Later on, my mom went out to the corridor to water her beloved plants (she talks to them!). Granny walked out as fast as her weak legs could carry her, and started putting on her shoes. My mom panicked and asked her where she was going. "I'm going into their house to see what they are doing." My mom rushed granny back in, not without protest mind you. And I guess you can expect what happened next. My inquisitive cat made her way towards the neighbour's house. Again my mom had to try to get her in, but my cat outsmarted her and walked behind the plant pots. My mom only managed to pick her up right before she entered their house. Needless to say, the neighbours closed their door right after that.
It's no wonder that my cat is granny's favourite grandchild. She inherited not only her kepo syndrome, but a lot other distinctive characteristics which I can't be bothered to go into details right now. Let's juz say that they eat, sleep and pry into other people's lives together.
Someone also told me before that females who stay in the same house tend to have their period around the same time. Ermm, this actually did happen to me and my three housemates when I was in Australia. One fine afternoon, Clare declared to me, "Oh you're having your period... I'm having it too... So is Sara... (abt an hour later) hey Rai's bleeding too!"
My new next-door neighbours were shifting their stuff in yesterday. And there my granny was, as usual, peering from our window and giving live commentary of everything that went on. She even shuttle between the living room and kitchen window coz she wants to watch them unload the furniture in the carpark. You think this is weird... wait till you see her talking out of the kitchen window, to godknowswho from across the block, "stop staring at me!"
My mom and I kept telling her to stop watching them like that coz it's rude. Obviously our warnings fell to deaf ears. She stopped after a while, although I suspect it's coz her legs were tired of standing up. And what do you know, my cat climbed on the sofa next to the window and continued the "spy work"! Thank god, she can't speak. Else, she'll be mimicking granny perfectly...
Later on, my mom went out to the corridor to water her beloved plants (she talks to them!). Granny walked out as fast as her weak legs could carry her, and started putting on her shoes. My mom panicked and asked her where she was going. "I'm going into their house to see what they are doing." My mom rushed granny back in, not without protest mind you. And I guess you can expect what happened next. My inquisitive cat made her way towards the neighbour's house. Again my mom had to try to get her in, but my cat outsmarted her and walked behind the plant pots. My mom only managed to pick her up right before she entered their house. Needless to say, the neighbours closed their door right after that.
It's no wonder that my cat is granny's favourite grandchild. She inherited not only her kepo syndrome, but a lot other distinctive characteristics which I can't be bothered to go into details right now. Let's juz say that they eat, sleep and pry into other people's lives together.
Someone also told me before that females who stay in the same house tend to have their period around the same time. Ermm, this actually did happen to me and my three housemates when I was in Australia. One fine afternoon, Clare declared to me, "Oh you're having your period... I'm having it too... So is Sara... (abt an hour later) hey Rai's bleeding too!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home