I came back from lunch with five items: Three books, pandan cake and a pack of sanitary pads...

I have actually bought a pack of sanitary pads yesterday... but apparently got confused over "soft and smooth" and "dri fit" (or somthing that sounds like that)... Anyway, made the mistake of buying dri-wateva yesterday and had no choice but to wear those things which sticks to your bottom... Why am I talking about this? I'm juz appalled by the options given to women... why would we want to wear something plasticky and makes you feels like you have wet plaster down on your ass? The only other option has a cottony feel, but kinda thicker too, so you won't really feel like wearing that low-slung hipster pants...

It made me wonder, how do babies feel about their diapers... I mean thats a whole lot more plastic and padding down there, compared to sanitary pads... What if they hate their diapers as much as I hate what I bought yesterday? They dun even know how to tell their parents... well even if they did try, the parents will probably juz think that the diapers are soiled and needs changing... ok enough about diapers and sanitary pads...
I managed to find the book that I've been wanting to read since I saw it at Borders two months ago, His & Hers.

Seems that it's always out on loan at every library that I searched. Next time I should juz go straight to Toa Payoh. Well, I saw a few other books by the same author, Mike Gayle, and I suddenly felt compelled to borrow them all... Mail said something about the topics and covers being similar... Turning Thirty, Mr Commitment etc... the kind of Bridget Jones confessional novel from a male perspective... But hey, it's not such a bad thing to hear it from their side...

But of coz nothing beats reading something that you can sooo relate to... shopping!!! I've juz finished Shopaholic & Sister... and although I dun normally go overboard like her, and although my sister is sooo not like her sister, I can really understand her obsessions and how she explains why she bought a magazine that she dun need, juz to get the free gift (which is something that she really wants)... I did exactly the same thing last month... I bought Brides magazine, gosh Brides magazine which I didn't even read, juz coz I thought the free passport cover looks nice... as it turned out, it was a passport holder and not a passport cover... apparently it's two different things... damn... could have saved that $6!

I have actually bought a pack of sanitary pads yesterday... but apparently got confused over "soft and smooth" and "dri fit" (or somthing that sounds like that)... Anyway, made the mistake of buying dri-wateva yesterday and had no choice but to wear those things which sticks to your bottom... Why am I talking about this? I'm juz appalled by the options given to women... why would we want to wear something plasticky and makes you feels like you have wet plaster down on your ass? The only other option has a cottony feel, but kinda thicker too, so you won't really feel like wearing that low-slung hipster pants...

It made me wonder, how do babies feel about their diapers... I mean thats a whole lot more plastic and padding down there, compared to sanitary pads... What if they hate their diapers as much as I hate what I bought yesterday? They dun even know how to tell their parents... well even if they did try, the parents will probably juz think that the diapers are soiled and needs changing... ok enough about diapers and sanitary pads...
I managed to find the book that I've been wanting to read since I saw it at Borders two months ago, His & Hers.

Seems that it's always out on loan at every library that I searched. Next time I should juz go straight to Toa Payoh. Well, I saw a few other books by the same author, Mike Gayle, and I suddenly felt compelled to borrow them all... Mail said something about the topics and covers being similar... Turning Thirty, Mr Commitment etc... the kind of Bridget Jones confessional novel from a male perspective... But hey, it's not such a bad thing to hear it from their side...

But of coz nothing beats reading something that you can sooo relate to... shopping!!! I've juz finished Shopaholic & Sister... and although I dun normally go overboard like her, and although my sister is sooo not like her sister, I can really understand her obsessions and how she explains why she bought a magazine that she dun need, juz to get the free gift (which is something that she really wants)... I did exactly the same thing last month... I bought Brides magazine, gosh Brides magazine which I didn't even read, juz coz I thought the free passport cover looks nice... as it turned out, it was a passport holder and not a passport cover... apparently it's two different things... damn... could have saved that $6!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home