Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Tuesday, April 26, 2005



Last Sunday was a welcomed sort of retreat to the beach... Afterall, it is one of the rare Sundays that I dun have to work... The girls and I had quite a relaxing time... and for once, Sha was the first to arrive!!! At Mona's insistence, we ended up at Tanjong beach which was full of disgusting seaweed and coarse sand which hurt our butts when we sat down... I wonder how Sha managed to lie down long enough to get her tan... We ended the day with dinner at Seah Im hawker centre, whereby Mail claims has the best mee goreng... and all three of us agreed that it was good, but maybe not the best though... Perhaps the most memorable image in my head for the day, was the sight of Mona taking off her panties without removing her shorts! How she managed to do it, still beats me... but it was certainly entertaining haha...

But of coz, all good things must come to an end... and this time it wasn't my mom... it was daddy...

I woke up late on Monday morning and almost instantly my dad came into my room (yes, they dun bother knocking) and told me to call the Singtel person about changing his mobile phone... Maybe a little bkgd info here might be helpful... I switched his phone to ESPN-Singtel corporate plan a few months ago. It's a very good plan coz it's cheap and all the extra services such as roaming, caller id and loads others, are free! But the problem is that I have to liaise with this particular officer to get info on changing his phone. And apparently I can even get a hp subsidy if its my first time upgrading under the corporate plan. Anyway, yeah I tried calling the person, but she didn't answer the phonecalls. Even left her a msg...

I decided to take a long long shower in the mean time... a luxury for me these days... duno why I juz dun seem to have time to do it much anymore... did all the plucking, applied hot oil on my hair, exfoliated with my loreal scrub and... and daddy started yelling for me to come out... apparently I was taking too long to shower and that "only satans stay in the bathroom for so long"... I took all these in my stride and carried on with my rituals...

Then he started yelling again and this time it's about me not wanting to help him change his phone, not putting in effort, purposely dun wana bug the person in charge, want to get the phone on his own, without his useless daughter's help blah, blah, blah... The thing is I really dun care if he wanted to get it on his own, but the fucking phone contract is under my name and there's still a few months to go... I'm not freaking gonna pay for a line that's not going to be in use coz he's gonna get his own new line... I'm broke enough as it is...

And the thing that I simply could not understand is his obsession with wanting the latest and most feature-packed phone all the time... he changes phones more frequently than I do... he's a 56-yr-old man for goodness sake... he takes almost an hour juz typing a msg and sends out max of 3 msgs per mth... all to me... he dun even know how to store people's phone numbers in his phone address book... and he keeps insisting he wants a camera phone coz he needs it in case his gets into an accident on the road... sigh...

To cut the story short, by the time I came out of the shower he was fuming and so was I... it's not like I refuse to get him the new phone... but the person in charge neva got back to me... surely u dun expect me bang on her office door... I dun even know whr her office is to start off with... I tried calling again to no avail... and well, we sort of stopped talking to each other... he was really acting like a petulant kid...

I couldn't take it anymore and left the house in my shorts, gym t-shirt, slippers and slingback packed with cosmo, notebook, purse and my car keys... went to the library but it was too crowded... left after borrowing a book and two mags... wanted to have a drink at coffee bean but it was freaking hot and the cafe was outdoor... Wanted to go to Holland V, but I was in my shorts and didn't want to pay for parking... in the end, I drove to IMM (it has free parking and not too far off, so I dun waste petrol) and settled down at Secret Recipe to have a brownie and strawberry milkshake yum... read my mags, thought about my life and jotted down some stuff... I felt relaxed... but the I hate the bill paying part... I know $8 is only about half of what I would pay for a manicure, but when you are dead broke, it means two proper lunchtime meals with drinks... sigh...

So sad when the best remedy that you know of to cool down, is to spend money, and yet you are too broke to spend, and in your fit of anger you still have to consider where to vent it out without wasting money... endless sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home