Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Gawd, I'm so drained from my two-day stint as a desperate-working-wife...

It has always been the greatest mystery to me, how my mom managed to work, cook, clean the house, do the laundry, look after my grandma, sis, cat and me, and satisfy my dad (i'm making assumptions here)...

Of coz I sort of experienced living on my own before in Australia... and had juggle housework and assignments at the same time... but I dun have grandma, cat and fixed working hours to add on to the pressure...

Just for a record, my sis fetched my grandma while I was at work on Sat aftn, after my parents left for their KL trip... And as most of you would know by now, my grandma has an extreme tendency of being difficult, and well maybe a little different at times... She insisted that the cat comes along to stay at my sis's house... otherwise she's not budging... and sis kept msging me the whole aftn updating me on what's happening and almost begging me not to kick up a fuss abt the cat coming along... and although I would prefer to have my cat's company since the house was empty and all, I kinda pitied my sis for having to argue with grandma... so I told her to do whatever she thinks is right... And Saturday was actually quite a gd day for me, coz for once, I dun have anyone breathing down my neck... not even my cat... and of coz I went out for that midnight show with someone... and of coz I did not do any housework on that day...

Sunday however was totally different... Sis started sending me gentle reminders from early in the morning, to pick grandma n kitty up asap when I finish work... but as the day progresses, the msgs got more frequent and desperate... by noon, I could almost picture her pulling her hair yelling "I can't get anything done coz grandma keeps bugging me, and your cat left her fur all over my bed I can't lie down on it!" I felt like a working mom, getting phonecalls from my maid who couldn't handle kids...



I know this sounds selfish... but I didn't want to pick grandma up earlier... the reason: I wanted to go to the gym coz I havent been going much in the past month due to my travelling in the past few weeks... and I've already told sis much earlier that I will be going to the gym after work... Second reason: I was relinquishing the peaceful moment... Sis dun live wih her, so a little overdose once in a while is more bearable for her than for me...

So yeah I juz msged her saying that I can only be thr after gym, latest by 8.30pm... and refused to reply to any other msges from her... I should be happy that I get to go to the gym right... well not really... I forgot to bring my gym gear so I had to drive home to get it and rush to the gym coz I wanted to make it for bodycombat class... There were two instructors instead of one in that particular class... and god imagine having to keep up with two persons energy, after a long day at work... if that's not bad enough, the guy next to me was sweating so profusely that his sweat splashed on me everytime he punches... ewwww...

I dragged my aching body to sis's place to fetch my two "kids"... and sis was never so happy to see me before in my whole life... she gladly packed kitty into her huge carrier which was super heavy, handed me two bags of the "kids'" things and as I had no more hands to hold grandma's hands, grandma latched herself onto my elbow (with her whole weight)... all these all the way to the car, and to our house... my back and arms were ready to break... but that's not whr it ends... kitty and grandma were famished when they reached home... kitty was eating her leftover biscuits from the day before (she would never do that under any circumstances before)... and grandma complained that she has not had dinner... I offered her the best that I could at that time: cheese sandwich... just as I was cleaning the house a little, kitty decided that she wants to pee and shit... this may seem like nothing, but my family practises cebok (washing up the ass, the way a muslim human does) for our cat... and the list goes on... I fell asleep with my specs, hairclips and light on...

When I woke up the next day, mom was back... I was so grateful to see her... but seeing how much laundry she had to do, I felt bad and started helping her to clean up the house, hang the clothes, cook blackpepper chicken (which dad expressed his dislike for), and cleared the mess in my room (including unpacking from my perth trip)... then I realised that I need more boxes to store the things that I brought back from Perth... so I called sis up to ask her to accompany me to Ikea... and yeah I squeezed in 2 hours to go to Ikea and send my new pants for alteration at Queensway...

After I got back, I couldn't get much done anymore coz I couldn't make myself miss my Monday night comedies and Desperate Housewives, and my body could not take any more torture for the next few hours at least... it is my first off day since I came back anyway...

I really respect my mom for being this superhuman who can juggle everything and hardly complains (well, she does nag a lot though)... I love u mom... but me, two days was bad enough... I dun think I will ever be able to even do half of what she manages... The reason: too many... among them is putting yoga and bodycombat lessons as priority, and housework as maybe number 10...

Okay need to pack my gym bag for tmr morning's classes... now where did I put my sports bra?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home