I found a cure for my coughing and sore throat!!!
Melayu Rockerz karaoke session with the Melayu moonies... Ermm ok maybe all the screaming didn't exactly do my throat good, but it sure felt good as hell to let it all out hehe...
Me being the closet minah rock, surprised even myself, at how well I actually know the lyrics of all the 80s Malay rock songs... But of coz nothing beats Mona, who actually gave us the intro to every obscure sounding titles - which is usually followed by an appreciative "ahhh" and us singing along...
Gosh, I never imagined a karaoke session to reveal so much of our embarassing cassettes possessions (Read: Feminin) and godawful dressing in the early 90s - big t-shirts with sleeves reaching our elbow, tucked into jeans which are baggy at the hips and tight at around the ankles yuck!
It was juz a pity that we didn't all turn up in tattered jeans, although it was on the back of all our minds... I guess once a rocker, always a rocker at heart...
I recall downloading a lot of those rock songs when I was in Perth. In fact two nights ago, I was searching thru my stash of minidv tapes, and I stumbled upon a recording of Mona and me downloading Malay rock songs and singing in our awful rock voice...
For someone who is so not Malay, I sure do love those songs... It's so ironic, but true... In fact I think I would really enjoy having a boyfriend who can sing those songs... Someone who can sing KRU's Apa Saja for me... But ermm, if he can sing those songs, wouldn't it make him a gasp MAT??!!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Melayu Rockerz karaoke session with the Melayu moonies... Ermm ok maybe all the screaming didn't exactly do my throat good, but it sure felt good as hell to let it all out hehe...
Me being the closet minah rock, surprised even myself, at how well I actually know the lyrics of all the 80s Malay rock songs... But of coz nothing beats Mona, who actually gave us the intro to every obscure sounding titles - which is usually followed by an appreciative "ahhh" and us singing along...
Gosh, I never imagined a karaoke session to reveal so much of our embarassing cassettes possessions (Read: Feminin) and godawful dressing in the early 90s - big t-shirts with sleeves reaching our elbow, tucked into jeans which are baggy at the hips and tight at around the ankles yuck!
It was juz a pity that we didn't all turn up in tattered jeans, although it was on the back of all our minds... I guess once a rocker, always a rocker at heart...
I recall downloading a lot of those rock songs when I was in Perth. In fact two nights ago, I was searching thru my stash of minidv tapes, and I stumbled upon a recording of Mona and me downloading Malay rock songs and singing in our awful rock voice...
For someone who is so not Malay, I sure do love those songs... It's so ironic, but true... In fact I think I would really enjoy having a boyfriend who can sing those songs... Someone who can sing KRU's Apa Saja for me... But ermm, if he can sing those songs, wouldn't it make him a gasp MAT??!!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home