Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Monday, June 20, 2005

The new fragile, innocent, cry-baby me...

All my life, I’ve been told by my mom to stop being so fierce and domineering – lest all the men will run away and leave me as an angry spinster. Even among friends, I’ve always been known to be bitchy, tactless, unfeeling and everything else fathomable along those lines.

What puzzles me is the fact that lately people have been commenting quite the opposite of what I’ve mentioned about myself.

At an ex-colleague’s farewell night out at BarNone last week, one colleague asked me, “Do you normally go out partying?” I honestly answered, “no”. And guess what was her response… “Wah really ah... you do look like those very fragile type.” Nothing against her, but what was that supposed to mean? Just because my idea of a night out with friends do not include wild partying – like most of my colleagues – doesn’t make me a fragile person. As I look up the thesaurus in Word, the other words to replace fragile are, delicate, easily broken, brittle and flimsy. I wanted to scoff as I saw the word brittle, hah. Me brittle? Anyone who knows me well enough can vouch that brittle is the last word that can ever describe me. In the first place, what kind of logic is it that someone who dun enjoy partying is brittle?

Another ironic remark made about me, took place when I was in Korea. I was commenting to my colleague – a very sweet middle aged man from London – that I got so sick of watching CNN that I started watching the SpiceTV (playboy channel). I didn’t really have much options since porn channels were pretty much all they had apart from CNN and ESPN. The man gasped and said, “Oh xxx (my name), how could you. You look so innocent that I feel like I should cover your eyes when you said you watched porn.” Ermm sorry to disappoint you James, I am not all that innocent. Although I do feel flattered that you should say that about me hehe.

I think I have a confession to make here – my first RA film was Eyes Wide Shut. I know it’s not exactly “blue” enough, nor a desirable choice. I watched it with Sha and Mona I think, from the computer in my room (coz my granny was lingering in the living room). And all of us fell asleep midway... that’s how boring my first adventure to the dark side was... Of coz there was the Pammy and Tommy video which Ana got from the Sexpo in Perth (became a gift for Mona). All of us girls watched it during our Easter PJ party, complete with bunny ears. I think I have the video of that party and us screaming away while watching that video hehe...

Another incident happens to be the most irritating of the lot. It was sometime last year, and a colleague of mine was trying to convince her producer to pull me into the rugby production team. The producer happens to be on good terms with me. So imagine my horror when this producer told my colleague that, “I know she can get the job done, but you know that I can be very stern when I studio direct... I’m worried about her character, she look like those type who might cry if I scream at her.” Me, cry??!!! Fancy losing a job advancement opportunity coz I look like I might cry. Hmphh...

What is it that these people see in me? Can someone who have known me long enough, pls enlighten me IN WHAT WAY HAVE I LOST MY FANGS??!! Maybe I should get one of those huge dragon tattoos on my arms, Porn Star tattoo near my butt crack, a million piercing, bleach my hair blue, stand on my desk and gyrate away… Oh wait, and wear a tight crop t-shirt with arrows pointing to my boobs, bearing the words, Bert and Ernie at your service!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home