Where did all the nice lingerie go to???

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I duno if this is supposed to be the warning signs of my imminent interview... My skirt zipper got stuck while I was trying it out yesterday...

Ok let's start from the beginning...

I windowshopped yesterday, trying to get some ideas of what to wear for my interview. Apparently, I'm supposed to wear something formal - which obviously I dun have. But I saw the price of the skirt that I liked, and it costs $62. That's excluding the top, court shoes (as advised by some girlfriends) and stockings (my sisster's advice). Gosh and I thought court shoes and stokings are so passe.

For a job that I'm not confirmed getting, it sure is gonna cost me a lot. But as my sis said, "you have to invest if you wanna land a well paying job".

Anyway, I went back and remembered that I had a skirt that I bought years ago for interviews. I took it out and it fits perfectly. It got me extremely excited coz it means that I can save my $62. I even found a little black dress, which would have been perfect for the interview, except for the fact that it's a tad too short for me to project myself as someone credible rathar than a tramp. Anyway, I tried it on again later that night to show it off to my mom. And that's when tragedy struck.

Damn, I shouldn't have pulled the bloody zipper. After almost half an hour of trying to squeeze it past my boobs and trying to pull it down past my hips, I almost resigned myself to having to sleep with the skirt on. That is, before my mom came up with the painful solution of cutting the zipper apart. Sigh, there goes my perfect skirt and hello to buying the $62 skirt (on top of the other items)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home